Wednesday 12 September 2012

Benches


http://www.jendauthor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/benches.jpg

Benches


“Take your pick.”
I moved quickly to the newer, more comfortable bench and sat.
The old man sighed and over shuffled to lower himself cautiously onto the least rotten looking spar of its companion.
I peered into the gloom, blinking away dank drizzle and silently cursing the shiversome mist.
“Well? So What?”
“Quiet.”
I shuffled from cheek to cheek as the rails gradually numbed my behind.
I glanced at him to find a beatific look on his face, his old wrinkles smooth, eyes closed.
“What are we doing here?”
“I’m looking at the beauty of the world, what about you?”

100 words
@nickjohns999

 This drabble was my response to the photo prompt at Jen DeSantis' Friday Picture Show 40

No comments:

Post a Comment