Tuesday 18 December 2012

All these things I will give thee...

Mildly Reactive




All these things I will give thee...

“This one job and I’ll tear it up. You’ll be free.” With a vicious predator smile he vanished into the bone deep cold.
I opened the box he’d left, fingers automatically remembering actions despite my mind’s turmoil. I had trained for this.
The location was perfect; High, open, great field of vision.
I could see right into bright festive homes. Countless children willing sleep to overcome excitement.
Take this drowning man’s chance or suffer my terrible bargains’ consequences? I knew I couldn’t decide until the moment came.
I steadied the rifle and waited for the sleigh to enter the crosshairs.


100 words
@nickjohns999

This story was written for Stevie McCoy's Tuesday Tales 70

No comments:

Post a Comment